Sunday, November 25, 2012

Jacob turns 24!

As I mentioned in my own birthday post, Jacob is not as big on celebrating birthdays as I am. In fact when you ask him what he wants to do to celebrate his birthday he says nothing. Not meaning he just wants to hangout but rather that he doesn't want to do anything for the specific reason of celebrating. I always find this crazy as I am the exact opposite. This makes it difficult to honor his birthday wishes but I tried to keep the birthday plans simple.

Since Jacob's birthday is on the week of Thanksgiving all of his family was here in town visiting. This worked out great as we were able all go out to dinner Friday night for his birthday before some of his family returned home. Jacob choose Tuacanos which is always delicious!

On Saturday morning, we began Jacob's birthday by having a yummy breakfast of german pancakes, peaches, and whipped cream (our favorite!).


After breakfast it was time for presents. There was no need for wrapping as they all came in boxes from Amazon. All of Jacob's presents followed a particular theme, wilderness survival. He was really excited about all of his new toys. Now we just need to go camping so that he has a chance to use them, it's too bad that winter is starting and we'll have to wait till spring.




Later that afternoon we went with Jacob's parents and sisters to go see the new James Bond movie. The movie was entertaining and we had a good time hanging out with Jacob's family. As much as Jacob likes to downplay his birthday I think he had a fun day :).

1 comment:

  1. This is funny because we (Jacob's sisters) are all extremely into celebrating birthdays! So its weird he doesn't (but neither does my husband) and awesome that you do because you fit right in!

    ReplyDelete