Aunt Marci took on the challenge of making our wedding cake and she did a wonderful job. We had three different kind of cake. The bottom layer was carrot cake, the middle was chocolate, and the top was red velvet (my personal favorite).
Grandma & Grandpa Goodfellow let me use their room to get ready in. Amy, McKayla, and my Mom helped me get ready and figure out my bustle.
We decided to cut the cake pretty early on in the reception because we wanted everyone to be able to eat a piece.
I really enjoyed the part where I got to shove a piece into Jacob's mouth...
I was afraid he would get me back but he was a gentlemen and let me off the hook pretty easy. Which I was thankful for since I was a little worried about it getting on my dress.
After cake we had fun talking to all the friends and family who came to the reception. Jacob had several mission buddies come by and he had a great time catching up with him. I lucked out and had four of my closest friends come and stay the whole reception. I love these girls!
Janna, Amy, Me, Natalie, and Whitni
The time flew by surprisingly quickly and soon it was time for the throwing of the bouquet. Lisa caught a great action sequence:
All the single girls are lined up and ready
And the bouquet goes up
Flying in a perfect arc, the girls lunge
And it lands right into the arms of...
Katelyn, Jacob's sister. So now we're all waiting to see if the superstition holds true and if she'll get married next. Word on the street is that she has a new boyfriend :)
My mom deserves some recognition here for being there for me the whole day. Helping me change in and out of clothes, sneaking me food, holding my train, reminding me not to drag my dress on the grass, and helping to make sure everything went smoothly. I love her so much! She looked beautiful in her navy blue dress too.
The reception was set to end at 8 so when 8:20 came around we decided it was time to head out. Jacob and I had to head back to Salt Lake City where we had reservations at the Little America hotel for the night.
We were a little too late though, Jacob's sisters had already gotten to the car. It was filled with toilet paper and they had used cake frosting to write on all the windows. Luckily they had left the windshield clear though so we didn't worry about cleaning up right away. Besides, every girl secretly looks forward to the day when she gets to drive away with her new husband in a car that has "Just Married" written in huge letters on the back :)
No comments:
Post a Comment