When it came to the food my mom had some great help by some of the women in our our ward. The Garners dipped the cake balls and the oreos beforehand and then came to help the night of too.
Lisa Reese, Barbra Oxspring, Patty Fielding, and Vickie Walker all helped with the food as well. Besides the oreos and cake pops we had mini raspberry cupcakes, fresh pineapple, strawberries, lemon water, and a delicious "pink drink" as Jacob called it.
They even found time to serve both Jacob's and my family an enchilada dinner at the church before the reception began.
These signs were actually from my Bridal Shower that my neighbor Lisa Reese threw for me. They're so cute I'm glad we got the chance to use them again. They actually ended up taped to the back of our twice decorated car by the end of the night though.
Brenda Jamison put together a wonderful video from the day before. She had video taped much of the time we were taking pictures after the sealing ceremony and she had caught many cute moments, including when Jacob and I walked out of the temple together.
Melanie was stationed at the sign in table and did a wonderful job as the official greeter. She looked gorgeous as always too!
One of the cutest things at the reception were our little servers/table clearers. My two little brothers Nathan and Spencer, the Sandall boys, and Lily, were all adorable and took there job seriously. My favorite was the cute pink bow tie each of the boys were wearing.
And I had to get another picture with my baby sister Michelle in her pretty pink dress.
Her job was to collect the presents and cards from the guests as they entered.
To Jacob's dismay we were stuck in a line again, but he stuck it out and charmed everyone as usual :)
He also managed to sneak over to the desert table a few times, for which I was very grateful. The cake pops were so good, i would have been sad if I hadn't gotten to try one.
I was glad so much of my extended family was able to make it to Utah the day before and still come to this reception in Idaho.
Anderson Grandparents and Cousin Paul
Holly's baby Lizzy, cutest little cousin ever!
She likes Jacob more then me though, he's so good with kids.
I'm glad Jacob's family could make the trip too before they head back to Virginia
Katelyn & Jacob
And last but not least, Amy, my best friend since the 8th grade, also made it to everything from the slumber party the night before the wedding, to Salt Lake, then Alpine, and then IF. I think she had to drive back to Utah the next day so she could catch her plane back to school in Oregon. I'm so happy she could be there for all of it, and when her day comes you can bet I'll be there too.
We decided to end the reception with opening all of our gifts since Jacob and I would be leaving early the next morning for Hawaii and there wasn't another good time. That ended up being a great idea. The kids all had so much fun bringing us presents and then watching us open them. I think it was Jacob's favorite part of the whole evening, but I can't blame him, we got so many fun things it was like Christmas.
And then we were of for our honey moon, and first real adventure together as a married couple.
No comments:
Post a Comment